The Rush presented by The BMW Performance Center at The Thermal Club
Experience the RUSH by participating in our new, EXCLUSIVE fundraiser limited to 100 people. The BMW performance center in Thermal has generously offered to host an event during our “Warburton Week”. This event is open to the public to participate, however, no spectators will be allowed, only participants.
$500 – Purchase Tickets
Friday, March 1, 2019
Located at the BMW Performance Driving Center West – At the Thermal Club
86-050 Jasper Lane, Thermal, CA 92274
Schedule of the day:
- 10:30am Paid Participants Arrive to watch Celebrity Race
- 10:30am – 11:00am Celebrity Photo Op and Engagement with Paid Participants ( Light Snacks and Non-Alcoholic Beverages under Tent )
- 11:00am – Celebrities report to cars for the race
- 11:00am – 12:00pm Celebrity Race with Media
- 12:00pm – Lunch
- 12:45pm – Participants to Classroom
- 1:30pm – 3:30pm Participant Driving Experience
- 4:00pm – Wrap Up and Departure
Driving Exercises for the RUSH
- Lead/Follow Lapping – Drivers will follow a BMW instructor for several laps on one or the other Palm Circuit of the Thermal Club track. During these laps the instructor will give instruction and build the pace gradually in an encouraging manner. Our instructors will tailor their driving to the experience level of the participants behind them meaning that if we have an expert group then we will bring them up to expert speed levels.
- Timed Autocross – Participants will get the opportunity to set the fastest lap of the day which will earn them the ultimate bragging rights to bring away from the event… Fastest Driver! They will each get 3 official attempts to lay down their fastest lap on the Thermal Club autocross course. They are welcome to take more attempts for their own personal bragging rights but anything over the first 3 will not count for official timing.
- Drag Race – The race that needs no description! Drivers will race M vehicles head to head in an old school, street style drag race with our own added spin. At the end of the race you have to stop the car in a stop box which not only lets the driver feel the awesome M Power acceleration but they also get to experience the fantastic braking power from the M carbon ceramic brake equipped vehicles. This will be held in the paddock area conveniently located right next to the autocross so the competitive energy can be carried over from each event.
- Performance Drive* – Drivers will get to experience the BMW track facility in an open lapping format on a ‘low risk’ course. Unlike the Thermal Club tracks, our course doesn’t have any intimidating guardrails or walls. This provides the participants an opportunity to warm up for the other events or build confidence if they are lesser experienced driver. During this exercise the instructors will be trackside and giving instruction by radio and offering tips when they see mistakes made.